All transformational leaders possess similar qualities. They are empathetic, visionary, passionate and inspirational. Transformational leaders impact an organization by increasing their employees’ job performance, morale and motivation.
Becoming a transformational leader within your organization requires you to develop a vision and create a culture to carry out that vision. With practice and determination, any person can develop into a transformational leader.
Do you want to know where you stand as a leader? Use the following checklist to assess your current transformational leadership qualities.
- I promote a culture of professional and personal growth.
- I remove barriers to growth and achievement within my organization.
- I motivate and encourage employees to see beyond self-interests.
- I model behavior that inspires my employees.
- I have a vision for my organization.
- I clearly communicate my vision to all stakeholders.
- I look for solutions instead of problems.
- I practice and promote active listening when interacting with others.
- I understand the emotions of my employees and how different environments affect them.
- I know which leadership style inspires employees within my organization.
- I am enthusiastic and passionate about the work within my organization.
- I act on the messages and concepts that I share with colleagues and my employees.
- I avoid indecision and inaction.
- I encourage authentic dialogue and open communication with employees.
- I possess a positive sense of self-worth.
- I consistently display integrity and honesty.
- I possess a readiness to seize new opportunities as they become available.
- I possess an internal standard of excellence.
- I show people how to use their strengths to make positive contributions to my organization.
- I let my employees know that I value their contributions.
- I give my employees a sense of belonging and encourage collaboration.
About Corporate Counsel Men of Color
Joining a professional organization such as Corporate Counsel Men of Color can help you connect with like-minded professionals. Ready to learn more about Corporate Counsel Men of Color? Enroll in our organization today.
Want to learn more about transformational leadership? Explore the following resources for additional information.
- 7 Principles of Transformational Leadership: Create a Mindset of Passion, Innovation, and Growth by Hugh Blane
- The Leadership PIN Code: Unlocking the Key to Willing and Winning Relationships by Dr. Nashatu Deu Solheim
- Radical Transformational Leadership: Strategic Action for Change Agents by Monica Sharma
©Copyright of Corporate Counsel Women of Color®. All Rights Reserved. To License the Use of this Article, contact firstname.lastname@example.org